- How to use Android device for Voice recording
- How to make a cross-cultural business communication
- How to manage Purchases & Costing
- How to conduct business meetings
- How to Backup and Restore data in the Android device
Do you know what the secret to a superb PowerPoint presentation in a business plan is? The basics. Yes, that’s right. You have to go right down to where you started and brush up so that you deliver what is expected.
Let’s take a look at some of the basics here:
- Objectives: Why are you making this presentation? What is your goal? What is it that you want to convey? What are your business growth strategies?
- Needs: Why is your audience attending the presentation/seminar? What do your listeners expect/need/want from this?
- The Topic: Have a brainstorming or mind mapping session with yourself to zero in on the topic. Get rid of all the clutter that surrounds the main topic. Get ready to focus on exactly what you have in mind.
- Structure: Your presentation should have an introduction, body (preferably covering 3 of the most important points), and the conclusion. Do NOT forget the call to action.
- Delivery: Will you use only the PowerPoint or will you choose a discussion as well? Your choice must depend on the topic at hand.
These simple tips will help you build your presentation but we know what you are thinking: What about delivery? Creating a presentation is just one half. What about delivery? If you don’t focus on delivery as much as you focus on preparation and the basics, one of the best small business solutions will turn into a small business disaster! To help you with this as well, we have more tips:
- Include Stories: Pure fact can be boring. Metaphors and anecdotes will make your presentation interesting.
- Use Graphics: Keep text minimal and use graphics. Images speak louder than text.
- Delete Unimportant Slides: During your preparation for delivery, stop at each slide and think whether it is really necessary. If you think it isn’t, simply delete it. You could also reduce information and club two slides.
- Black the Screen: During the presentation, use the B key regularly so that the focus shifts to you when you have something important to say. This will also make it easier for you to interact with your audience.
Do you have any pointers in mind to add to our list? If yes, let us know through the comment section so that all of us learn of more ways on how to get customers through superb PowerPoint presentations!
PowerPoint is among the most important small business solutions today. It is simple to use but since it has plenty of features and is very flexible, people often get confused. Our advice is that you stick to the basics so that you convey your point and impress your audience.
Image courtesy of [Ambro] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net