- How to say thank you to customers
- How to Change the wallpaper on your Android device
- How to manage warehouse
- How to asses credit risk of customers
- How to manage Purchases & Costing
When someone makes a mistake, regardless of the stakes involved, it is important to be able to forgive and move on. Not forgiving someone will weigh not just upon the other person but also upon you. Of course, you don’t need to forgive right away but you have to be ready to forgive at the right time. Forgiveness is a virtue and it is essential for leaders to carry it. If you are not able to forgive you will end up creating a very bitter environment. Holding onto things hampers growth and happiness, making your workplace very negative.
This will affect the entire company as a whole. Thus, no one benefits from grudges.
Here you should understand that we are not advising you to overlook bad and inappropriate behavior. We are simply advising you to not get carried away and seek revenge. Seeking revenge will make things worse for you and growth will be impaired. Heal the wounds but don’t forget them. Experts say that this is the character of a good leader and if you want to build a successful business, you have to learn how to let go and to not keep bitterness in your heart.
Forgiveness is not easy. It is human nature to hold on to things and to keep thinking about them.
Listed below are the three main reasons why forgiving someone is so difficult:
- You think too much about the past: Living in the past will hurt you more than it hurts anyone else. As long as you keep reminiscing you will not be able to move on.
- You don’t empathize: Step into someone else’s shoes for once and think from their point of view. When you fail to do that, you fail to empathize, and thereby fail to forgive. You simply can’t expect everyone to see things and situations as you do. Imagine what the person may have experienced and try feeling the same. May be then you will find it easier to forgive.
- Envy: If you are envious, you will have negative feelings. Negativity will not allow you to forgive. It is important to be happy with what you have and who you are instead of craving for what someone else has. Appreciating life will help you overcome envy.
Forgiveness will take time. It is a skill to be mastered with patience and effort. Once you are able to master it though, you will be a happier and more positive person.
As a leader you should learn to forgive and not hold grudges because if you fail to do that you will be unhappy and unsatisfied. You will also build a highly negative environment, which is simply unacceptable. Learn how to forgive and let go.
Image courtesy of [Ambro] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net