Location-based marketing is a direct marketing strategy that uses a mobile device’s location to alert the device’s owner about an offering from a near-by business. This type of marketing strategy helps to bridge the gap between online and physical customer’s experiences and promote impulse purchases.
Location-based marketing can benefit your organization in so many ways. Some of the benefits are;
- It is highly geographically targeted, you know that you are talking to people who are within walking distance of your product or service.
- Converts impulses to sales, once a customer is physically close to your store you have a far better chance to persuade them to purchase from you.
- Get to know your customers better, location based services are a way of finding out more about your existing customers.
- Improve your search engine ranking, many location based services rank very well in search engine. They appear high up the page of search results.
- Reward loyal customers, it is one of the best to convert foot traffic and online traffic into new customers.
In order to customize your location-based marketing campaign you need to ensure that:
- Your organization has a mobile-compatible website.
- The content on your website includes information about your local city, community or town.
- Your keyword research tools are geared more toward your product, service or location.
- Pay attention to Geo tags in your social media marketing
Thanks to mobile, advertisers can get real understanding of consumers based on the places they visit in real time. Location is the cookie of the real world, and companies can use mobile-location data to target consumers and measure success.
Author: Mogusu Sam