We all are addicted to technology to such an extent that we even conduct meetings and send important messages through emails and may be over the phone. However, it would be wrong to ignore the power of face-to-face interactions altogether.
Cold calls are extremely important and powerful for sales. Every cold call may not turn in your favor but you should go for them because they are very effective.
Here are six points that you should never forget:
- Use the first name of the person at the reception. People usually love their first names and using their first name is a symbol of friendship and agreement.
- Whoever is sitting at the reception, you should not make assumptions about his or her knowledge. Chances are high that he or she may be much more knowledgeable than you give him or her credit for.
- Start talking in a positive and casual tone. Be very polite and ask if he or she is open to helping you.
- Take note of the surroundings. Check out awards, pictures, and other such stuff. These are items that people usually like talking about since they are proud of them.
- Very politely, ask if it is possible for him or her to give you a tour. This will enable you to talk to people in the company and also understand the various places.
- Share your prospects with their clients. This will help you build value and trust. This is probably the best way to strengthen your sales deal with the said company.
These six steps will give you success in your next sales strategy.
Cold calls are still important despite the fact that you can now have conversations over the Internet. Sometimes, you have to come face-to-face and when you do, you should be positive, polite, and aware so as to work things in your favor.