Social media marketing has evolved tremendously over the years and that is why you must include it in your business growth strategies.
The first thing to do would be to understand which social media marketing strategies you should employ. Networks such as Facebook suit all businesses but Instagram and Pinterest may not be right for everyone. Once you assess and be sure that Instagram is for you, you can think of strategies for social media for small business accordingly. One of the most lucrative ways of marketing on Instagram is running a contest. We have some tips that will help you with this:
Start By Clearing Defining The Goal of the Competition
Before you start making plans for the contest you should define why you are conducting it in the first place. What do you want to achieve through this contest? Do you want to increase followers or sales or just spread awareness about your business?
Plan The Contest and Set It Up
Keep in mind that Instagram is a different platform that revolves around pictures. You cannot employ the same strategies as you would on Facebook and Twitter. Planning the contest and setting it up may take some time but you are advised to be thorough so that it is a success. Some of the factors you should have clarity about in this step are as follows:
- Time period
- Eligibility details
- How to participate (is following you compulsory? Is it mandatory to tag you? What hashtag must they use to be considered?)
- What are the criteria for winners to be picked?
- Can one person participate more than once? If yes, what is the limit?
- What are the other conditions?
- What type of photos must they post? (the theme)
- Prizes – do not ignore this bit. Prizes must be attractive enough to encourage more participation
Work On Promoting Your Contest
This is an extremely part of the competition because if you are not able to promote, it won’t matter how great the competition is. Following are a few tips:
- Use your blog, Facebook, and Twitter to promote your contest.
- Send out emails.
- Use hashtags to your advantage.
- Make it mandatory to share the photos on Twitter or Facebook to be eligible.
- Keep reminding users regularly so that they are encouraged.
- Of course, post on Instagram and make it a fancy affair especially with the prize details.
Keep A Close Eye On The Participation
Monitoring the competition is vital. Keep an eye out for spam and irrelevant photo entries. Also, use tools to monitor the usage of the hashtag you decided upon so that it is easier for you to sift through all entries.
Once you go through all this, you can publish the winner(s) on the day you previously announced. Make sure you announce it on all social media channels for increased awareness.
Since social media marketing on Instagram is different from other platforms, which is why your contest strategies must also be tailored. Set goals and then plan the contest so that it brings you results that you are looking for. Use other social media sites as well for promotion and announcing winners.