Social media for small business constitutes a major chunk of online marketing today. Even though there are many marketing and advertising social media platforms today, most of us are still restricted to Facebook and Twitter because these are the most popular sites. Take Tumblr, for example. It is an excellent social networking site but not all of us are even aware of how beneficial it can be.
Let’s take a look here:
A Brief About Tumblr
Tumblr is quite different from the regular online marketing platforms. It is not just a social media site but also a micro-blogging site, which means that it is heaven for those who love to write and share. It allows you to post content but it doesn’t restrict the character count (140) like Twitter does and it allows you to post images but it doesn’t restrict you to one upload at a time like Instagram does. In short, Tumblr barely offers any restrictions to its users. It lets you post to your heart’s content. On Tumblr, you must remember that having a blog is a must. You will be asked to create it when you sign up.
Types of Posts on Tumblr
- Text: You can post all the content you want in the form of blog posts, complete with titles and images. On your dashboard, only a snippet of the post will appear. The reader can click on Read More to be navigated to your blog for the rest of the post.
- Quote: If a quote influenced you or you thought applied to you perfectly, you can share it by clicking on Quote. (tip: you don’t need to use quotation marks here.)
- Photos and videos: These are self-explanatory. You can upload images and videos with ease. You can either upload a video from your computer or embed one from YouTube or other such sites.
- Links: Tumblr allows you to share links as well. Create a Link Post and paste the URL along with a caption.
Tips to Using Tumblr Efficiently
Many people think Tumblr is complicated mainly because it is not like the others. While you may need some time to get ahold of it, once you do, it will be a breeze. You will be able to interact with your audience through various posts and spread the word about your business.
The following tips will help make this easier:
- Post using email: When you create a blog you get an email ID too. If you want to post something and the app doesn’t work for some reason you can send an email to this ID and Tumblr will post it.
- Audio Posts: Tumblr also offers audio posts. Call 1-866-584-6757 and you will be guided. After that you can record your post.
- Short URLs: Keep in mind that Tumblr URLs are generally long and this may not be appealing. Cut them short by choosing the option on top of your post (the gear button). This will create a share-friendly URL for you.
You must add Tumblr to your market expansion strategies because it is a good online marketing platform especially for blogging enthusiasts.
Use Tumblr as a part of your online marketing plans mainly if you love sharing text, videos, and photos with not many restrictions. Seemingly complicated but very helpful, this site is a lot of fun and help.