Until recently, social media marketing brought to mind only Facebook and Twitter but Instagram has now emerged as an integral part of digital marketing. However, Instagram is not for everyone and every business. It will work in your favor only if you understand it thoroughly and use it to your benefit. Here is a mini-guide that will clear your doubts and help you use Instragram as a part of your social media marketing strategies.
Instagram is a mobile app that enables you to share photo “instantly” and socialize with people across the world. Instagram is different from other social media platform in this particular regard. There is barely any text involved. It is all about photos and videos. Thus, it is for the creative businesses such as those in the food and fashion industries. These businesses sell through graphics and pictorial representation. Hence, it is the best bet.
Uses of Instagram
For social media marketing, you can use Instagram in various different ways.
Here are a few strategies you can employ to make the most of it:
- Showcase your products and services: Post cool photos of your bakery items or that cool hairstyle your salon is famous for! Before and after photos, special desserts, premium cakes, and other dishes will definitely attract people!
- Post Images From Behind the Scene: Along with posting images of products, post images of how they are made. People love to know where amazing stuff comes from!
- Have Customers Post Photos As Well: Encourage your customers to share photos of your products while using them or enjoying them. This helps you connect with existing customers and show potential customers just how good your business is.
- Post Deals: For Instagram users, you can post exclusive deals such as gift vouchers and more so that they are attracted to the platform. This is among the best strategies in social media for social business.
Interacting on Instagram
Simply posting images will only take you so far. You must find ways to interact as well.
- Tag: Instagram provides tagging options just like other social media sites do. Tag people once you share your photo so that they are aware of what you are sharing.
- Mention: Instagram mention works just like Twitter mention and Facebook mention. Thus, this aspect of social media marketing is same across all major platforms. Use @ and mention the name of the person.
- Like and Comment: Liking others’ images and commenting on them (relevant comments only) is another great way of connecting.
- Hashtags: Use popular and relevant hashtags so that people who search using hashtags come across your images and start following you. There are many very popular hashtags that you can easily pick.
Social media marketing is evolving like never before and instagram is a major part of it now. If it is suitable for your business, you must go for it.
The fact that Instagram is not like other social media platforms makes it slightly difficult for businesses to start marketing on it. Instagram is actually a fun platform that helps you get closer to your audience and show off your products and services. Learn how to engage audience through it and it will definitely help your business.