Workdays don’t have to be limited to working round the clock and forgetting everything else. Everyday, you should do a few additional things to keep things upbeat and to increase productivity. Remember that as an entrepreneur, you have to make time for learning. Throughout your journey you will learn new things. Also, with changes being so frequent today, you have no other choice but to always keep up in every possible way. However, don’t try doing too many things in one day. That will pressurize you and have the opposite effect. Limit yourself to doing around 10 things (plus or minus 2 based on your requirements).
Here are some things that you should include in your to-do list:
- Read a news article or a piece of information about your industry. You need to be thorough about your industry, your competitors, latest advancements, etc.
- Read something about business. Knowing your industry is not enough. Knowing strategies and learning tactics of business development is equally important. Take time out to learn more about leadership as well.
- Get in touch with 2 old colleagues. You can do this via email.
- Talk to your team members personally and check their progress. Be friendly if the need arises so that your team members open up and share with you. Of course, you can’t talk to all of them in one day. Spread it out over the week, thus.
- Talk to employees in a friendly manner about things other than work. Your conversations with employees don’t have to be limited to work. Once in a while, have a casual conversation.
- Get onto social media and upload some important content on all social media platforms (or all platforms that you are a part of). The content must be relevant, informational, thought provoking, and effective.
- Go through the three most important goals of your company and pick out one to execute. Execution may come through a task or a project. Make sure, each day you do something that helps you take one step towards accomplishing one of the three goals.
- Lastly, appreciate. Appreciate your success and be grateful for your progress. This will take only a minute but you will emerge satisfied and positive at the end of it.
These are the fundamentals. You may add more tasks to this list. Some days you may not be able to do everything but it is important to try to accomplish all of them everyday.
Take time out to do a few important things everyday such as talking to your employees, checking progress, learning through reading about your industry and about your business, and being grateful for your life.
Image courtesy of [Ambro] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net