One of the important factors that differentiates the market leader from to others is the size of the customer base of the market leader. When you have a large customer base it shows that the company has proved its mettle over a period of time. You cannot expand the customer base just because of one or two successful strategies, it has to be something much more. You have to implement a number of good strategies, fight off your competitors, and provide excellent customer service to your customers to have a large customer base. You also need to keep an eye on acquiring new customers time and time again so that the number of customers keeps on steadily growing.
One of the best assets for any business is its strong customer base. But, you should bear in mind that building a good customer base involves time, skill, and patience apart from being one of the greatest challenges of a new small business. Your business cannot succeed without customers as they are an integral and inseparable part of your business.
When you run a business, you should remember the cardinal rule of always being on the lookout for new customers and seeking methods to attract them. If you are not consistently looking for opportunities to build your customer base, your business could go off of the growth track. For a business owner there are a number of ways of reaching new prospects and looking for new avenues.
If your business has decreased because of reasons that are beyond your control, such as change in the economic conditions, advertising alone may not help you. But if your web site traffic has slowed down because prospective customers need more information about your products or need incentive to buy, you may should make efforts to promote your business through several efficient and cost-effective methods.
One of the best ways to reward your customers for their patronage and acknowledge their patronage is to adopt a loyalty programme.
We suggest some ideas that should help you with the programme:
- Reward your customer with coupons every time he/she visits your shop.
- Be enterprising – come out with on-hold phone messages to educate and inform your customers about your products and services while they wait to speak to a representative.
- Get articles and press releases about your business published in magazines, newspapers, business journals, and other publications which can in a great way increase the company’s exposure.
- You can involve your business in local activities and and do an event sponsorship which can help your business get publicity and enhance your reputation.
- Get some promotional items such as pens, pencils, school bags, coffee cups and mouse pads printed with the company logo. This will go well with the customer’s and their families and they will try to see what you have to offer.
- Do Search Engine Optimisation so that can get your web site to the top when a user searches. Have yourself registered with Google, AltaVista and other successful search engines to ensure that your business comes first.
We give below some methods and strategies that you can employ to boost your marketing efforts that will pay rich dividends:
Divide and categorize your customers and prospects according to age, sex, marital status, profession, geographic region and so on as this will help you to choose your target audience and make things easier.
Keep your message appealing, loud and clear and be sure to focus on your message.
Calculate and allocate a budget to your advertising campaign that would be adequate and commensurate with the ad. An inadequate budget will not be successful in passing on your message effectively.
Choose the right medium that is commensurate to your budget. Your choice can include the print media such as newspapers, magazines, journals, or the Yellow Pages; audio-video media such as the radio and television; online channels such as the internet, web sites and search engines; direct mail to your customers and prospects; and outdoor advertisement on billboards.
The above strategy is bound to yield results and within no time you would have expanded your business and added quite a few customers to your customer database.
The article tell us that one of the best assets for any business is its strong customer base. We should bear in mind that building a good customer base involves time, skill, and patience apart from being one of the greatest challenges of any business, whether big or small. Your business cannot succeed without customers as they are an integral and inseparable part of your business.