Tell your employees how much you value them and their contribution. You can express this appreciation any day of the year. Such tokens of appreciation goes a long way and will help employees in your organisation feel valued all year long.
Here are ways to show your appreciation to employees.
- Praise something that your employee has accomplished. Mention specific actions and deeds that you found admirable.
- Say thank you. Make it a point to show your appreciation for the hard work and contributions put in by your employees. And above all, don’t forget to say please. Social niceties do belong at the workplace too – and they do go a long way in expressing your appreciation and gratitude. Any employee or colleague would appreciate such a work place.
- Ask your employees or colleagues about their hobbies, their weekends or a special event that they have attended. Your genuine interest would make the people to feel valued and cared about.
- Offer employees flexible schedules for holidays, if feasible. If work is at a critical stage, post a calendar so people can balance their time-off with that of their colleagues.
- Create a fun tradition for the holiday season. Colleagues could do a “gift grab” at their holiday party. Match up departments or people who don’t normally get to work together as a unit, and assign a day to provide an air of camaraderie among the groups. It creates a great opportunity to mix and mingle together.
- Last, but not the least, provide an opportunity to your employees to prove their talent. People would like the opportunity for training and refresher courses. They would love to participate and be on special committees where their talents would be noticed. They would like to attend professional association meetings and represent your organization at civic and philanthropic events. Give them the chance.
If you can afford to, offer cash incentives. End of the year bonuses, attendance bonuses, quarterly bonuses, and gift certificates say “thank you” quite nicely and would be much appreciated.
These tips will help you succeed in employee motivation, employee recognition, and in building a positive, and productive workplace.
Expressing appreciation or gratitude to your employees and colleagues is never out-of-place. In fact, in many organizations, it’s often a scarce commodity. Make your workplace an exception. Use every opportunity to demonstrate your gratitude to employees.
The article gives you an insight into ways of expressing gratitude and appreciation to your colleagues and co-workers. You can show your employees by word and deed how much you value them and their contribution. You can show this appreciation any day of the year and such tokens of your appreciation spread
throughout the year will help people in your organisation feel valued all year long.