The sole purposes for writing business plans, sales letters, advertising copies among other business articles is to persuade. As an SME, you need to put in more effort especially in persuasive writing as this is one tool that will determine the responsive rate and maybe deliver a an immediate response, probably positive from your target customers.
To enable you do this, I have put up some tools that will enable you handle this task as is supposed and make your writing as persuasive as possible.
- Make your offers simple, clear and understandable. This is so because, if your target client does not understand the message bearing your offer, then they definitely won’t agree with it. Be clear.
- You need to provide all the information needed by your clients for them to take action. If your clients are not sure about certain aspects of your offer, then they will remain un-persuaded.
- Present a message that is consistent with the other messages already sent or communicated. This is especially in line with the values associated with your brand. Your message will lack persuasiveness if it conflicts with your organization’s previous communication.
- Always possess the law of reciprocity which means that whenever you give out anything, people feel compelled to give you something in return. Providing free stuff, let’s say useful information for instance, will make people more likely to desire to do business with you.
- If one sees another person doing something they are more likely going to follow suit. This is especially if these are people they know. This is the reason behind celebrity endorsements. Therefore, you can emulate content from your competing brand or bigger brands.
- People like doing business with the people they like. Therefore writing in a friendly and likeable tone is much more persuasive than writing in a hectoring tone.
You may establish your authority as an expert by mentioning your credentials, experience and qualifications. This way, you will be establishing your company’s authority through its certifications and track records, skills, qualifications and experience of your team.
Another way is by creating a sense of urgency for your reader to act. This might be a special offer involving a deadline or limited quantity or limited time. This will give your clients a reason to take action as fast as they can.
For you to do an effective business writing, you need to be clear, consistent, and understand your customer psychology. This way, you will be able to customize information according to your clients taste.