There is a growing demand for the emerging cloud service as there is always one claiming to be better than other. But how do you decide what are the best cloud services and which cloud service provider you must go for especially when your business involves a number of factors critical to the successful relation between a cloud service provider and their client?
Things you need to assess before you opt for a cloud service:
- Check for the history of the cloud service provider. Are they new in the market? If yes, then you may just risk taking the offer. If they have been in the market, know what their track record is like – what sort of clientele base they have
- High quality cloud service would have client retention, most of whom keep coming back or recommend such cloud services
- Find out how good the cloud computing service provider is in terms of keeping the client data secure, if there are any measures to prevent stealthy access to the client data?
- Whether the cloud computing services staff have their profile and identity verification, and if the staff has the requisite technical experience along with the relevant qualifications
- You may want to understand where and how securely the data is stored
- May sure the infrastructure is redundant, non-volatile and resistant to any sort of vandalism
- Ensure there is a constant power back-up to meet any power failures
- Find out if your data shall remain confidential under the data privacy norms and if your data can be carefully segregated from those of other customers
- Is there a provision for old email recovery? Can the lost data be retrieved?
- Will they provide periodic maintenance? Find out whether they hold a guarantee for the same. In this light you also need to know whether the system will work to its optimum levels even if there is a breakdown of a critical component of the infrastructure
- Can they upgrade the storage capacity and allow for the latest features or applications for future needs?
- Are there provisions to keep conscious or accidental human intervention at bay?
When you subscribe to a cloud service provider, make sure you are paying for the quality service. Get candid, ask the questions relating to their service-efficiency levels before you can confidently go ahead with the choice you make.