Preparation is very important for you to have a successful business meeting. It can be a big deal as meetings are part of most careers.
Here are steps to help ensure success in your next meeting
- Send out time and location details to all participants. If you are dealing with employees, let them know if attendance is mandatory or optional. Email conference call-in numbers and codes if you are arranging a phone meeting. Prepare a notice; this should include; the date, time, agenda and venue of the meeting
- Accumulate all the information that you have on the business meetings and ensure that you have read through it. You can also prepare information folders that you can send to all participants of the meeting
- Dress appropriately on the day of the business meeting. Make sure your attire gives the impression of power but does not distract participants; and put your best foot forward
- Make sure you have captured all the information shared during the meeting. An easy way to do this is employ the use of Evernote, an online note taking application to have a backup of the business meeting ideas
- Set a business meeting plan. Decide if you are trying to make a sale, bring an investor on board, train employees about company policies or brainstorm new product ideas
- Ask if anyone has any other business, known as AOB at the end of the formal meeting. Set a date for the next meeting and formally close the meeting
- Ensure that minutes of the meeting have been typed up and sent to all the participants
For effective meeting management, be sure you hold the meeting when it is essential. Have clarity on the motive to call the meeting. Be receptive to what others have to say and remember to make it a meaningful discussion.