Whether you’re a new start-up or a growing company, you need to sell for survival. Selling lies at the very soul of every business. With the right attitude and by paying close attention to what happens, it will be a learning experience for each rejection you deal. Evaluate the situation properly in order to extract profit from it for the future. You will learn what to say, what not to say and when not to call.
No matter what you are selling, preparation is extremely important in making a good first impression. Find out the financial status of the client and understand their business. Your future client will appreciate and recognize your time investment in learning his/her business. Selling is a people business. Show your clients that they mean more than just an order number and you are actually interested in their needs, wants and their values.
Here are some sales techniques and selling tips for when you make a sales call
- Don’t just say hello, take a long breath and allow the other party to participate. It should be a formal greeting. Most importantly introduce yourself and your company as well
- Don’t change your personal style and be consistent because you’re trying to get someone to do business with you
- Plan for your sales call in prior. Know what are your expectations are from the sales call. Know about the background of their organization. Understand where and why your product or service may be of beneficial for them
- Always thank your potential client for allowing you a few moments from his busy schedule and that you won’t waste a second of his time. Building a rapport is very important. Mention an interest building statement that your product or service can benefit to the client. This leads into a conversation. He may also put forward any questions he has about your company
- One of the biggest mistake salespeople do is they focus on customers who aren’t really going to buy. Discover if the buying decision will be made soon
- Listen carefully to the answers, you can find what is important to your client. Listening doesn’t mean you think about what you are going to say next while your potential client is speaking. Pay attention for the requirements your potential client is looking for
- Fix a meeting, either in person or to telephone to get the required information you need in order to give a presentation
- Reconfirm the date, time and location of the meeting. Ask for directions if necessary. Let her/him how much preparation you are going to do in order to make the best use of the valuable time. Give him your contact information
- When you call your client, after fixing a meeting, ask them for referrals. This will help you make new sales easier for the future. If you provide excellent service, your customer will be glad to refer your products/services to everyone they know
- Follow up is very important for your business. Your business will not go long if you lose your clients. Keep in touch with them and be available for them any point of time
Identify your potential customers and make a decision for your service or products. Every customer is important for you. Your sales team is responsible for convincing your customers to avail your services. Your customers are your present and future. Without them you’re nothing. Your business is totally dependent on them. Not every phone call will be closed with a successful sale. But hey, you are closer to your next sale.