There are a variety of tools that you can be used in order to upload files to your website which includes an FTP (File transfer protocol) Client, Web browser and a file manager tool. SmartFTP, CuteFTP, FileZilla, WS_FTP and LeechFTP are extremely useful FTP (File transfer protocol) Client like when uploading several files. File Manager located in your control panel area. A Web browser may be helpful when you have a faster uploading without any use of extra application. However, there are times when you might want to use a webpage to upload files. For instance, you can make it as easy as possible for an important client to upload a file, so you probably wouldn’t want to make them install an FTP (File transfer protocol) program.
What is a file transfer protocol?
FTP (File transfer protocol) is a convenient method of uploading files and is supported by most all hosting providers. You can simply log into your account and drag files into your website, but to how you transfer files between folders on your computer, it transfer the entire folders and large amounts of files, however, does sometimes have limitations based on file size.
To access FTP, you would need
- To upload files on your website through an FTP (File transfer protocol) Client, you need to know your server on which your website files are location, host address or host name, username and password and what folder your files should be uploaded
- Your website files must be uploaded into a HTML folder, then you need to upload your files in the “WWWROOT” directory
- Search for the “upload files” button and select it. Browse and choose files on your machine’s hard drive. You can transfer up to five megabytes of files
- To start the transfer from your machine to the website’s file manager, use “upload files” button
- You can see the results page once the file is uploaded. You can check the status of all the items in the file uploaded
- You can open the file manager and make use of the HTML editor to copy or change the filename of your uploaded files and then add them to your website
You need to know how to upload a file to your website. Use the FTP tool to upload files to your website. FTP is the file transfer protocol client that can easily upload files on to your website. Create your account and simply log into it, just drag files to start uploading. So what are you waiting for, use FTP client and other ftp tools to upload all your files.