Balance of work and life is an integral element for healthy living. As a business person, you will have to improve it. It involves having to organize work along the lines of your life and not vice versa. Life involves family activities, personal development, pleasure and leisure, while work is primarily for your aspirations and professional development.
You need to divide your time between these two important and vital elements, because it is impossible to have both at the same time. You have to build a balance between them.In order to achieve a balance, you need to set priorities according to your needs, family, profession, living standards and ambition.
But did you think how do you balance work and life? Draw a line between professional and personal life This is a very important thing that we either tend to overlook or stretch. There is a very famous saying “Stretch the elastic only till the extent the elasticity doesn’t get lost”.
This tip requires cooperation from both the employee and the employer’s side. Maintain the demarcation and don’t overlap. When it is work time, do your best work, but don’t compromise on family time. Remember name, money, fame and job are all temporary.
The only thing constant in all these phases is family and friends. If they get the time, love and attention you have lived a content life. And for the employers, it is important that they respect this balance of work and life that their employees try to maintain.
Organize A Time-Frame
When we organize work time-frame, we need to take care about the sort of work and capacity to do it, whereas for life time-chart we have to care about all the aspects in our personal lives.
It will be different for singles, whereas it will be different for the couples. Similarly it will be further divided on age parameters. If we do not manage a balanced time frame, it’s likely to get home to an angry spouse, to ignore children.
Have the proper mindset. It’s all about the perspective. Sometimes just a small change in the way you view things can make a huge difference. Set your priorities in order. Aim for contentment rather than filling the bank with mindless currency.
Go on planned holidays, give a gift to your loved ones, and at the same time put your heart and soul in work during office hours.
Suggestions for Work
- Define some integral elements about work and life for to set an appropriate time-frame. Work time is usually scheduled for eight hours a day
- Deal with meetings and assignments which need to be accomplished within a suitable time so as to avoid carrying them forward to the next day
- Set a priority list of daily work and make sure to schedule rest periods and breaks
- Maintain a friendly but professional relationship with your co-workers. Do not be rigidly formal with them all the time
Suggestions for Life
- Give proper time to your interests outside of work so that you have time to refresh and overcome the mental as well as physical stress
- Exercising, such as taking walks is good if your schedule involves sitting all day with office work. You could also go for exercise to stay healthy and to energize
- If your work schedule does not involve long stays in the office, you could adopt habits such as reading or indoor games which will refresh your mind and body
- Always give time to family and friends within your available time. In addition, you could take part in community activities so that you can get to know your neighbours better
- You need to get enough sleep so that you can function at your optimum level
- Learn how to transition between your work mindset and your out-of-work mindset. Prioritize your activities list accordingly
A balance of work and life is not an easy job, but both of them should be balanced in order to have a peaceful life. You got to draw a perfect line dividing the two core parts of your life. Set a time table, when to work, when to get back home, etc. You need to stick to it and follow it sincerely. If there is a lot of work to do, organize your priorities first, complete major part of your work which is important and necessary. Then move on to the other priorities and slowly get the work done. Do not take work back home from office, its the biggest mistake you can ever do. So start balancing your life, to live a happy and healthy life.