Social media can help you market and expose your brand beyond your website. To gain more visibility, create profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube – all of which have proven to be vital means of boosting your ranking in Google’s search results. More importantly, they help you engage with people, particularly key industry contacts, who may not land on your main page. Simply following someone on Twitter and re-tweeting one of their updates can help you gain notice.Social networking builds brand awareness and brand loyalty. It attracts and retains customers. Companies are exploring ways to get a bigger pay off via social media. The next frontier of social networking and blogging is social blogging. This ever-changing construct represents a way of communicating by people who like to keep each other updated about their daily routine and share information relating to common areas of interest. This is done through continuous updates that include text, pictures, audio or video.
You will want to use social media to increase your visibility, improve your search engine results and drive more traffic to your company’s website, which stands a good chance of increasing sales and growing the business. Of course one of the primary objectives is branding your business. Blogging is another tool to add to your overall social media strategy toolkit. Business owners whose companies are at all levels of growth, from promising start-ups to established and mature firms, are looking for effective promotional tools that are also cost-effective. Social media is one of the most exciting new communications tools to emerge in the last 20 years and it can provide cost-effective online marketing.
Social media, be it blogging, tweeting, or posting status updates is a different kind of marketing. It’s not about creating a sales pitch for your product or service. Instead, it’s about generating interest and keeping your audience updated about news, events and the latest product developments. A social blog is essentially a form or combination of tweets (short posts) and status updates. Users post content in the form of short sentences, images, or video links to large groups of friends, followers, or co-workers. Just like blogging, Twitter users can write messages on topics that range from what they are doing to what products or services they are using. These messages can be transmitted via posting, text messaging or e-mailing.
Businesses also can use various social media as effective forms of communication to reach out to large groups of consumers and associates instantaneously to learn about their needs and wants. They add value and lead to engagement that translates to increased brand awareness and direct sales. This is achieved through the effective use of compelling and to-the-point content that is in line with the business objectives. Hence, it proves to be an effective marketing strategy.
Some tips to make the most of blogging:
- In general, blogging is about having conversations in a public space that position you as a subject matter expert.
- The type of discussions you should have involves answering questions that people out there on the Internet are searching for. For instance, you can answer questions from consumers via Twitter about your business.
- Share experiences and information. Social blogging is often used to share experiences in addition to business ideas and concepts. Always seek unique opportunities to share your ideas and offerings with not only your readers, but their associates as well, which will eventually bring in more prospects.
- Announce upcoming events, awards and other news, but do it in a conversational tone. That way, your target audience are more likely to re-tweet or share your story.
- Keep it fresh and spark your conversation with the help of images and videos.
- Update your audiences on a regular basis, but only if there’s something new, informative and interesting to say. Even if you need to repeat an update to promote a current offer or a call to action for a project, put a new twist on it each time.
- Encourage interaction and feedback.
- You will benefit from feedback through comments and suggestions. You can also gain insight about your audience using Q&A and surveys. Make it easy for your readers to share posts. Encourage them to share tips and personal experiences after using your products or services. Make sure you are on hand to respond to comments.
- Use your blog to make announcements.
Site should be your center of activity:
You can create information on your blog and then promote it using other social network tools. Make sure everything you do is tied back to your company website. Ensure that it has fresh content that improves search engine rankings. Use tags and keywords that make your posts more search-friendly.
Add your personal touch. This can help revolutionize how your business communicates with your customers and associates. Always think about what value and what message you want to communicate to consumers. From there on, share information, news, stories and announcements that are relevant to your target audience. Provide your customers with opportunities to support your business and to be a part of your growth and your success.